Thank you Kip’s Thoughts for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am grateful and humbled by the nomination, especially considering there are so many GREAT writers, artists, and eccentric people brave enough to share their work with the world.
My blog certainly has evolved, and continues to evolve. In the beginning, I was embarrassed about sharing my poetry, writing, thoughts, and photography. However, with the support of complete strangers, I am sharing it all now! Thank you!
According to the rules, I must display the award on my page, thank my nominator and link back to their page, tell 7 things about myself, and nominate 15 other deserving bloggers for the award.
Seven Things About Myself
- My profession is Principal Software Engineer. I’ve been an engineer for over twenty years, and I love designing and building things. I specialize in the security of operating systems (such as multilevel security (MLS)) .
- I started writing software structural C when I was sixteen years old, when I bought a Lattice C compiler for my Amiga. Some kids spent their money on taking girls out on dates… not me.
- I am an avid reader, and I prefer printed books — not this electronic stuff. I love the classics, poetry, philosophy, history, and I even have a handful of books about calligraphy and type (another geeky passion). I don’t read those “Kiss-Handsome-Boy” books like Fifty Shades of Gray.
- I’ve never been married, nor do I have children. However, I LOVE kids. Perhaps, because I can relate to them. I am anxiously awaiting my baby sister to consummate her marriage in order to provide me with a niece or nephew which I can spoil. 😉
- I am married to Amazon.com, but Friday is my mistress.
- I hate talking on the phone, so much so I let voice mail pick up most incoming calls. This sometimes infuriates my family and friends.
- I do not have a college degree, but I would not be where I am today if wasn’t for the experiences afforded to me by many great people who saw potential in me. Nonetheless, the road would have been easier had I completed a degree. One day, I will pursue a degree in literature… maybe, if it doesn’t cut into my beer-drinking time.
My Fifteen Nominations
In no particular order, here are the blogs I love to visit. Often, I am left scratching my head (Kip), contemplating a different point of view, or simply inspired.
- Kip’s Thoughts – Better have your coffee in hand and an open mind. Kip always posts something thought-provoking.
- Sometimes I like to write – There is something pure and honest about Carole’s photography and writing. The way she shares the world around her gives me that warm-fuzzy feeling.
- Love Hate Music – I LOVE music, and Erin brings it to life. Her writing, and photographs of bands are energizing.
- Photo By Holly – Holly, a second generation photographer, is simply awesome. Her photographs bring you into her world. Often focused on nature and family, her photographs are inspiring.
- Iced Tea with Lemon – Karen is an awesome writer. A hippie chick living in the beautiful Ozark mountains, she provides a glimpse into her world.
- Leanne Cole’s Photography – Leanne’s work is amazing — so vibrant and alive.
- These Are The Days – Kate is an amazing photographer. She loves her family and the outdoors, and her photographs reflect it. Her photographs make me want to get off my fat butt and get outdoors more, or start a family!
- Texas Tweeties – Bob is an amazing photographer, and is considered an expert when it comes to birds. If you love birds, you will LOVE his blog.
- 1500 Saturdays… – Helen is an amazing photographer, too. I really like how open she is when it comes to sharing the world around her.
- The Dark End of the Street – Chloe is a creative writer and artist. Her street-style photography is awesome. I hate labeling anyone’s work by placing them into a genre. Nonetheless, check out her blog — it might open your mind up to a world you’ve never experienced.
- Abe Pacana Photography Blog – Abe’s photography is amazing. Not only does he have a fantastic eye for composition, his amazing technical skills in both capturing a photograph and post-processing it are matched.
- Inspired Vision – Cecelia’s photography and writing are awesome. She is another one of those photographers whose passion for nature, family, and life are clearly visible in her work. Her posts always make me smile.
- Chloe Sutcliffe | Photography – Chloe is an amazing photographer from the land-down-under.
- Muchin with Munchkin – Wow! I wish I could cook! Kris is my dream girl: beautiful and can bake! Sometimes, in lieu of cash payments for photography work, I ask they make me something from her website!
- Nick Exposed – Nick never ceases to amaze me with his creativity. Boring and cliché are not words which describe Nick.